The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is an annual form that students complete to determine how much money a college/university might give you!
FAFSA IS AVAILABLE TO COMPLETE STARTING OCTOBER 1st
Meeting school and state deadlines can make a difference in the amount of aid a student receives
Based on the information you provide on the FAFSA, you may be offered grants, scholarships, work-study and low-interest student loans by the federal government, state government and your college or university. The greater your financial need, the more ‘free money’ you may receive.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO COMPLETE FAFSA
To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will need:
- Your Social Security Number & Your Parent/Legal Guardian’s Social Security Number(s)
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your & your parent/legal guardian’s federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You (and/or your parents) may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically (for both you & parent)
- A list of schools you are interested in attending
The US Department of Education gives more detailed information about the things you need to complete FAFSA.
HOW TO COMPLETE FAFSA
Prior to beginning the FAFSA process, families should create and FSA ID. To create an FSA ID:
3613 Bluestein Dr.
Austin, TX 78721
(512) 494-1076 tel
Early Drop Off: 7:15am
Classes Begin: 8:30am
Classes End: 3:15pm
After School: 4pm – 6pm